An exhibition and sale of diverse Saree collections
Saree Mela is a celebration of the diversity of Sarees, featuring signature pieces from varied styles focussing predominantly on Pan-Indian handloom idioms.
Fri 23 – Sun 25 Sept 2016
11 am – 7 pm daily
Coomaraswamy Hall, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya, 159-161 Mahatma Gandhi Road, Kala Ghoda, Fort, Mumbai 400032
- Galang Gabaan: Odisha tribal weaves & refreshing linens
- Palaash: Odisha woven classics
- Pratham: Printed sarees inspired by Pichvai art
- Resha: Natural dyed block prints
- Benaazir: Minimal and timeless classics
- June: craft-inspired contemporary jewellery
THE SAREE UNIVERSE
- A special festival install, featuring art, design, photography & Sarees
- Also featuring selections from the Chennai & Bangalore editions of the festival featuring Paithanis, Chattisgarh tussars, Ilkals, Chanderis, Linens & more..